Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Homemade pumpkin spice creamer

We are already a week into October and I still cannot find pumpkin spice coffee creamer anywhere! My wallet can't take any more trips to Starbucks so I decided to do some web searching and what do you know... dozens of recipes for pumpkin spice creamer were just waiting to be found!
So, after looking through what I had in the fridge, I took some ingredients from one recipe, some from another and instructions/guidelines from a few others and came up with this-and let me tell you, this stuff is addicting!

2 cups half n half
1/4 cup maple syrup 
3 tablespoon pumpkin purée 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk

Some of the recipes I found have you divide your cream or half n half and add part later once cooled. I have no patience so I just put the first four ingredients into a sauce pan and cooked on the stove top over medium heat, whisking frequently for about 10 minutes, then I added the condensed milk, whisked let it simmer on low for another 5 minutes, whisked some more, removed from heat, let it cool down a bit, then poured it in a jar I had saved.
I tasted some from what was left that didn't fit into the jar and it was amazing.

You can also make this recipe with heavy cream rather than half n half. I chose half n half because it was what I had available. (It's also cheaper and obviously less fatty if you care about that sort of thing)

So, do you have a go to pumpkin spice creamer recipe? If not, try this and let me know what you think!






No comments:

Post a Comment