Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Haunted Mirror Tutorial

Quick little play by play on my Haunted mirror.
There are many ways to make these, I have seen some people use looking glass spray to create a mirror. I opted for the easiest and cheapest way though- here were my supplies

Mirror From Dollar Store- $1
Easy Off oven cleaner- had it in the house
Wash cloth & paper towels - had them
Vampire Decal from dollar store- $1 (any printed spooky pic will do, and I plan to change this out once I find something I like more)



So I took the back & frame off of my dollar store mirror carefully.
Sprayed the back side of the mirror with a generous amount of oven cleaner in the area that I wanted my image to show through.
I let it sit overnight and allowed it to do all the work pulling away the mirror paint.
Next day I used a rag and some paper towels and wiped away the area where the oven cleaner had started to lift the mirror. I did it slowly so that a little of the mirror and some fogginess would remain.
Once it looked how I wanted it, I positioned my vampire decal then cute him to fit, taped it on the back, replaced the back of the mirror and frame and voila!
Easy, cheap, scary mirror.


So I don't know how much sense it makes to see a Vampire in the mirror considering they do not have a reflection, lol, but he looks good for now until I find something better- feel free to send suggestions or links to spooky images!

TTFN!
Happy Haunting!

2 comments: